My dear friend Cherie shared this on her excellent blog, Renaissance Garden today. It is an article by Shane Claiborne about some recent events in his neighborhood which are sadly indicative of many issues. To get directly to his article "Beauty and Ugliness in a Shooting’s Aftermath" go here.
This is a short video of Shane leading folks in the Lord's Prayer as pro-gun advocates hurl insults and drown the prayer out by singing God Bless America... there is so much more I could say about this, but I'll let my readers draw their own conclusions. Please feel free to share your thoughts regarding the issues this brings up in the comments if you'd like.
Love Wins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









This is just heartbreaking. You can hear Shane say "There is no us and them on this" even as these people are shouting and insulting him.
ReplyDeleteI grieve for them, and for all of us.
Here's what I just posted as a comment on Cherie's blog:
This is really sad.
The idea that these people would shout down the Lord's Prayer, and with "God Bless America," while waving around American flags, is just chilling.
This is one gun owner who would have felt privileged to join Shane Claiborne and his friends in mourning the loss of that young man, and in joining in prayer with them, that God's kingdom come and his will be done on earth.
wow. people can be so cruel.
ReplyDeletejessy
practicingresurrection said:
ReplyDelete'You can hear Shane say "There is no us and them on this"' (In the video)
When he made it political like that, when he introduced the Code, he created "us" and "them."
I got writing a big response so I put it over on my blog. I'd like to know what you think.
http://kumtoi.blogspot.com/2010/03/lords-prayer-vs-god-bless-america.html
K
On a completely different topic, check this out!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.naturalnews.com/028194_Scott_Reuben_research_fraud.html
How?
K
Bill,
ReplyDeleteAs usual, I agree!
K,
I had a feeling this post would get under your skin (which wasn't my intent at all, I promise). I have read your blog post and will respond to you there as time allows.
As for the pharma research fraud, it's despicably business as usual. Our midwife did her PhD studies on this subject and let us read her thesis several years ago, it was a real eye opener! I have posted a documentary on my blog which I highly recommend watching (if you haven't already).
Hope you have a grand day, my friend!